Dental Health Community

Recurring Abscess

i have a problem  with an abscessed tooth. Back in January of 2012 I was seen by my dentist because of a tooth ache. I was prescribed amoxicillin 500mg  every 6 hrs for 10 days. I finished the medication everything was fine until April. Same thing again, Was given the same meds and everything was fine. I was referred to a oral suergon to have the tooth extracted. Made an appointment but cant be seen till 8/8 { EVERYONE IS REFERRED TO THEM}. Now as of 3 days ago the same thing has happened.A friend of mine gave me some of her amoxicillin to take untill i can get to the dentist again. Now Day 2 of meds my cheek is swollen. The infection is in #3 tooth upper molar. Btw the tooth is broke.
Call the oral surgeon and explain what is going on and that you have an appt. on 8/8.  They keep appts open for emergencies, and they will get you in as soon as you tell them your jaw is swollen as this indicates an infection.  Call right away and best wishes.