Removal of Fillings

Hi, I've been scammed by a dentist who said I have 14 cavities. Most of these do not need to be filled. So being ignorant I went ahead with her suggestions to get them filled. This was very unethical on her part. So I have 2 unnecessary fillings. I wish to remove the fillings as they interfere with my enjoyment of food; the sensation of teeth grinding on foods has been greatly reduced. Is it possible to remove a filling? Is the filled tooth too far damaged by the filling procedure? Thanks
The teeth need to remained filled, however it sounds like it was a lousy job. If you go to a reputable dentist they can at least do it right so that you have no problems which you shouldn't have anyway.
That's true, you shouldn't feel the filling with your mouth lightly shut and any discomfort you have should go away soon enough. Your teeth are probably temporarily sensitive from the drilling. What do you mean that they didn't have to be filled? If you don't fill a cavity it will lead to abscessed teeth with infected nerves, or chunks of teeth breaking off. I should know, I had one happen on the one side and the other happen on the other side in the SAME TIME frame. Not to mention rotting other teeth.
Were did you get this information about unnecessary fillings?
I do believe there are dentists who are out there to scam patients, those who have insurance coverage, with dental work such as fillings that may not be really necessary.
Yeah but how does he know what cavities are real or not. If he didn't know before, how can he magically know now?

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Community