Dental Health Community

Root Canal + Hard Lump Under Jaw

About a week ago the whole left side of my face swelled up, so I went to an emergency visit to the endodontist where I got a root canal done. About 2 days after that the bottom part of my jaw, over by my tooth started swelling up and now it is hard and tender to the touch. I went in again, and he put a tube in my gums to help the draining of the infection, but he said he didn't get much drainage when he first attempted. I'm concerned on what it is, seeing as how my dentist is unsure. I can't open my jaw all the way, and it just feels very pressurized and hard right now. Please help.
I am having the same issue. I'm not sure what it is but my jaw above where my canal was done is swollen and hard and tender. I can feel it on the outside of my face as well. It has been 2 weeks since mine was done and it just started swelling 3 or 4 days agao. Did you ever find out what caused it?