Dental Health Forum

Root Canal (per tooth) Surgery

Had anyone experience Root Canal (per tooth) Surgery? My dentist suggested me about this but I don't trust her because I know it's to expensive and painful. But when I go to other dentist to ask 2nd opinion, they also suggested it to me. I don't know If i can go to this surgery and if yes, i want a clinic/dentist that can be trusted to have a surgery less painful.
If you're asking for personal experience, I would recommend asking this question in the community forum.  This section is for asking a dentist.  I would say that if both dentists are recommending it, it sounds like it needs to be done
Hello, I had root canal treatment on a rear molar 3 years ago and have had no problems with this tooth since. About 10 days ago I had a temporary crown fitted to this tooth, as I have no teeth on the other side and it is essential that I maintain this tooth in good condition. Since having the temporary crown fitted I have had constant tooth ache. This ache is made worse after eating. My bite seems OK, and I can apply pressure. I have noticed that the gum is sensitive, especially at the front of the tooth. (Next to the preceding tooth ). I was told to put oil of cloves on the gum and tooth and have tried this. To my amazement the pain disappeared in under 60 seconds. My dentist has gone on holidays for 5 weeks, otherwise I would have returned . Any ideas what is wrong? Could the temporary crown be digging into my gum ?

Cheers Mark.
Yes root canals are expensive but it is the only way to save an infected tooth.  Sometimes replacing missing teeth can be as expensive or even more expensive than the root canal.  It shouldn't be painful because you will be very numb.  If 2 dentists are telling you the same thing, you probably do need the root canal.
Root canal treatment procedure is carried out under local anaesthesia, and is usually painless.

If required, antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medication may be prescribed during the course of the treatment.

so without fear.... Go to root canal treatment but make sure... Hire best dentist for your treatment.
Can a root get calcified and what is the procedure if so?
Root canal treatment consists of several steps that take place over several office visits, depending on the situation. These steps are:

First, an opening is made through the back of a front tooth or the crown of a molar or pre-molar.
After the diseased pulp is removed (a pulpectomy), the pulp chamber and root canals are cleaned, enlarged and shaped in preparation for being filled.
If more than one visit is needed, a temporary filling is placed in the crown opening to protect the tooth between dental visits.
The temporary filling is removed and the pulp chamber and root canal permanently filled. A tapered, rubbery material called gutta-percha is inserted into each of the canals and is often sealed into place with cement. Sometimes a metal or plastic rod is placed in the canal for structural support.
In the final step, a crown is usually placed over the tooth to restore its natural shape and appearance. If the tooth is very broken down, a post may be required to build it up prior to placing a crown.
A related discussion, Porcelain dental crowns after root canal therapy was started.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.