Dental Health Community

Root canal

Just had a root canal this morning on my front tooth #9. Even before the numbness from the procedure went away  I couldn't bite down. I got some Antibiotics (penicillin vk 500) and I am also taking Motrin but it doesn't seem to be helping. The tooth doesn't hurt at all when left alone but as soon as I touch it, it hurt immensely. There is also still some throbbing? Anyone know what I can do?
Hi there,
It is normal to experience some discomfort after a root canal treatment. If the tooth was seriously painful before the procedure the chances of post root canal pain are more than expected. Persistent pain after a root canal can be due to inflammation of adjacent tissues, irritation of periodontal ligament, periapical abscess or in few cases a failed root canal. These are only a few possibilities. See a dentist and get evaluated.
Best wishes and regards!