Dental Health Forum

Sharp tooth after filling

I just got a small resin based filling put in a molar (tooth 30 they call it) and a part of my tooth is very sharp. It's not rubbing up against anything, but I'm a bit concerned about it. I'm not even quite sure if it's the tooth or the filling. Is it something that should be looked at or will the "sharpness" go away after a while? I just had the procedure done a day ago.
I would go back to the dentist and have them adjust the sharpness.  It may be some excess material that's poking out.  It would be better to address it now because if it chips off, it may take a part of the filling you actually want to keep.  Better to remove the excess.  
A related discussion, Swollen hard cheeks do to rubbing from sharp teeth. was started.
A related discussion, Bubble in mouth was started.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.