Dental Health Community

Single Non-dissolvable Suture Remaining (missed) After Tooth Extraction

I had a lower molar extracted several weeks ago and the dentist used non-dissolvable sutures. I had to return a week later to have them removed. The healing has been coming along nicely since then but obviously still has a ways to go. I recently discovered a single suture remaining and which was missed when the dentist removed the others. It doesn't seem to be causing any problems and the gum is healing around it. Do I need to return and have it removed or can I just leave it in there? My dentist is a long trip so I don't want to have to make a return visit if i can avoid it.
Your dentist should have somebody covering for him.  Call his office and talk to the dentist on call and ask him.  I think it should be removed.  
Thanks very much for the response!
The dental assistant can remove it I agree it needs to be removed.