Dental Health Community

Soreness 1 week after wisdom teeth removal - sharp edge noticed

I had all of my wisdom teeth removed one week ago today and haven't been having any pain at all really since. However, I started noticing some pain to my upper right side yesterday and upon palpation of the area, there is a really sharp edge on the gum, posterior to the actual extraction site. The pain has been caused by a large canker sore, secondary to rubbing over the sharp edge.

Is this something I need to go in for or will skin grow over that sharp edge?
If you're feeling a sharp edge it is probably the ridge of your bone.  You may want to have a follow up appointment to see if the bone needs to be filed down.  It might be easier to fix now than to wait until you're completely healed.