Dental Health Forum

Spots

About 1 month ago I developed a bump with a red top under my tongue. No pain, but didn't go away. Abot 10 days ago,I noticed that I'm getting another next to this one. I have red spots all along the bottom sides of my tongue and the bottom of my lower lip, and under my tongue. I also have what looks like skin colored tiny spots under my tongue. And just this am I found what looks like reddish lumps under the tongue, at the side. I have no pain. But I'm terrifed this is cancer. Could cancer develope so fast? All these changes have been with the last 10 days?
In all likelyhood this is NOT cancer. For your own peace of mind and a diagnosis see an oral surgeon.
nobody can diagnose you online. have you seen your dentist? id make an appt and have it looked at. if it comes and goes i doubt it is cancer but it sounds like you need an exam to see what is the cause. do you smoke? chew tobacco?
It doesn't come & go..it just keeping developing. I do smoke & quit last week. I also have a white coating on the back of my tongue & canker sores on the tip. I haven't been to the dentist because I'm so scared.
please dont be too afraid to go. i was an rda for many many years till recently and my specialty was patients like you that have fear.i loved my patients and im glad i got to be part of their experience. there are some great people out there that will hold your hand so to speak. being to afraid to go means you might wait untill the problem becomes major. talk to friends or coworkers that have someone they trust and know that the sooner you are looked at and treated (if neccessary) the quicker you can put it behind you. now all that being said get off the computer and make a call!!
I agree with sailors wife.  I'm an RDH (registered dental hygienist) and I saw plenty of patients who were scared of the dentist but you definitely need to go and find out.  It might be nothing at all.  If it's something important, you want to know ASAP b/c just like anything caught early enough can be life saving.
it does not sound like cancer under your tongue but it is impossible to say without seeing you. Look, it is what it is whether someone gives you a label for it or not. White lesions can be one of a myriad of things from benign and common to more rare and serious. worrying gets you nowhere and can't be good for you physically or mentally. go get it checked out. If you haven't been to the dentist in a long time I suggest you see a dentist referred to you by someone you trust, get a complete exam with a full set of films. If your dentist is not sure of the nature of the lesions you describe he will refer you to someone who will help you.
I had periodontal surgery in February, top & bottom gums. Full set of xrays then. I also had a deep cleaning 7 weeks ago. Everything appeared fine then. And thank you all, I feel better already & will call my dentist.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.