Supernumerary teeth: moving a premolar in a place of a molar?

Hello. I have an extra tooth (hyperdontia) in my lower jaw (a mandibular canine). One suggestion was to extract the mandibular first molar which also has root canal done and move the mandibular second premolar and mandibular first premolar with braces to allow the extra tooth to come up. Another orthodontist commented that this would damage my occlusion and suggested to let it be, since the extra tooth is not erupting. Is this a good idea? To put a premolar in a place of a molar?
My x-ray: https://ibb.co/cY1uib
COMMUNITY LEADER
As long as you are asymptomatic and impacted supernumerary tooth causes no damage to adjacent structures, leaving it alone is probably the best strategy.
Since tooth eruption mechanism is not fully understoood, providing sufficient room for erupting tooth does not guarantee tooth erupting optimally.
The reason for the suggestion I've described is that my molar is damaged and according to my dentist it won't last long. Therefore the molar could be extracted, teeth could be moved and the supernumerary tooth could fill in the gap. The question is whether moving teeth in this manner is a plausible course of action? Or will it damage my bite?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Seeing an orthodontist is advised.

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Community