Dental Health Community

Swelling cheek abscess tooth

Hi i have swelling on my left cheek from abscess tooth and i don't think the antibiotic  is working .... I started the amaxcolin 500 about 4 days ago and the swelling going down to my left side of neck ...what the best i should do .? Can i use warm pack on the swelling ?thank u
A tooth abscess usually occurs as a complication of tooth decay. It can occur as a result of trauma to the tooth, such as when a tooth is broken or chipped. Antibiotics are given to fight the infection. Warm salt-water rinses may help. Over-the-counter pain relievers may relieve the toothache and fever. See your dentist. You may need another antibiotic and treatment of the underlying cause is very important. Hope you find this information useful.
Best luck and regards!