Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Community
7.43k Members

Swelling cheek abscess tooth

Hi i have swelling on my left cheek from abscess tooth and i don't think the antibiotic  is working .... I started the amaxcolin 500 about 4 days ago and the swelling going down to my left side of neck ...what the best i should do .? Can i use warm pack on the swelling ?thank u
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
A tooth abscess usually occurs as a complication of tooth decay. It can occur as a result of trauma to the tooth, such as when a tooth is broken or chipped. Antibiotics are given to fight the infection. Warm salt-water rinses may help. Over-the-counter pain relievers may relieve the toothache and fever. See your dentist. You may need another antibiotic and treatment of the underlying cause is very important. Hope you find this information useful.
Best luck and regards!
Have an Answer?
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.