I had an abscessed tooth which the DDS drilled hole in to drain. Over next few days I experienced swelling over much of my body, primarily in face and neck. I have been on amoxycillin and now clindamyacin over the last three weeks (no rash/visible side effects. My Dr twice-said to go back to DDS/give Rx time). Twice the swelling seemed to be going down, then flared up again. I now realize that the night before 2 of my 3 flare-ups, I had a glass of strawberry lemonade and wonder if my problem might be allergy-rather than infection-related, or both; for the last 5 days I've avoided citric acid and started taking Benadryl, but with no results to show. Presently my whole body mildly swollen. Can this kind and duration of swelling be indicative of a food allergy? Neck has been most swollen-can allergy/infection affect vocal/spinal chord(s)?