Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Swelling from abscess tooth

I had an abscessed tooth which the DDS drilled hole in to drain. Over next few days I experienced swelling over much of my body, primarily in face and neck. I have been on amoxycillin and now clindamyacin over the last three weeks (no rash/visible side effects. My Dr twice-said to go back to DDS/give Rx time). Twice the swelling seemed to be going down, then flared up again. I now realize that the night before 2 of my 3 flare-ups, I had a glass of strawberry lemonade and wonder if my problem might be allergy-rather than infection-related, or both; for the last 5 days I've avoided citric acid and started taking Benadryl, but with no results to show. Presently my whole body mildly swollen. Can this kind and duration of swelling be indicative of a food allergy? Neck has been most swollen-can allergy/infection affect vocal/spinal chord(s)?
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I am not an MD and I think you need to revisit your MD.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.