Dental Health Forum

Swollen gums

Hi, I a whitish looking patch behind my last molar on my left side. it is swollen and I can feel the tension when I bite down from my teeth on top. My wisdom tooth is the one in front of the white patch. My wisdom tooth is pulled to the front from my braces after losing a tooth from a previous accident. Thank you for your help.

Btw I just went to the dentist for a clean literally two days ago and dentist said my teeth are fine. Swollen gums started today.

http://tinypic.com/r/29p5auh/8
How old are you?  

What's the history on the top and bottom teeth in that area?
I don't know if this is important but my top tooth keeps pressing against the swollen area.
I am 16, I had a root canal when I was 10 but an abscess grew there when I was 14. They had to take out that tooth and was gonna place dental implants in but my othro sugggested that I pull up my wisdom teeth from the back to close the space from where the teeth was removed. thanks for your reply!
As for the  top teeth, as I forgot to mention, nothing really happened
I think you should consult with your dentist.  My guess is that your wisdom tooth actually hasn't come out yet and that the tooth you are referring you is your second molar.  You have 3 molars usually and the first molar is probably the one you lost.  The first molar comes out at age 6, the second molar comes out at age 12 and the last one comes out at age 18-25.  It may be coming out earlier since you lost your first molar and your second molar was moved forward, creating more room and accelerating the wisdom tooth coming out, which is that bump you are feeling
I had a one molar taken out before so I can have room for my braces and another for the abscess so you are saying that this should be my last molar and my wisdom tooth should be growing there? What explains the cracked white looking patch towards the back of my mouth?
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.