Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Community
7.47k Members

Teeth damaged by radiation/chemo-need all new

Hi, I am 26 years old, long story short, I received radiation and chemo for cancer 7 years ago. The chemo caused sores in my mouth, so much pain that I could not open my mouth to brush, swish, or eat at all (fluids through an IV mostly) The radiation damaged my teeth and salivary glands, causing me to have severe dry mouth. In the months that followed, as I started to recuperate--I started to lose pieces of my teeth.

I did not have any dental care during my treatments and now I know I should have, but I cannot go back and change that. I have been to the dentist now, and most of my teeth need to be replaced (any others need root canals to possibly be saved)

My question is, what are my options for a new set of teeth? What are the best, affordable, options for a single, 26 year old teacher who doesn't make much. I hate the idea of dentures...but cannot live with these teeth any longer. :( :(
1 Responses
3149845 tn?1506627771
Hi, google mini implants. its a new technique that actully attaches dentures with posts in the jaw instead of using a adhesive.
Have an Answer?
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.