Teeth whitening

I have yellow teeth from years of smoking and drinking a cup of coffee everyday and realy want the best option to whiten my teeth based on my habits.  I've tried crest white strips and they didnt work for me.  I dont want to go through a bunch of pharmacy stuff and achieve no results so what are my options.  I understand the whitening will not last forever since I smoke and drink coffee but at least last a few years.  Is bleaching at the dentist office my best choice.

thank you
COMMUNITY LEADER
Extrinsic stain can be removed by prophylaxis procedure. After removal of  extrinsic stain, then evaluate if you really need vital bleaching of natural tooth.
Whitening at the dentist is expensive and isn't always covered by insurance (cosmetic), but they do a better job than the OTC products. If you do get your teeth whitened, be prepared for them to be quite sensitive for a while. Usually the dentist will apply a fluoride treatment to help with the sensitivity and recommend that you use some kind of fluoride rinse.
The procedure involves a strong hydrogen peroxide solution and bright light. Teeth cleaning before whitening is recommended I think.
A person who smokes can go for teeth whitening services. A dentist will examine your teeth strength & then give the appropriate consultation for teeth whitening. Actually teeth whitening procedure uses products that are sensitive to your teeth. A dentist checks the teeth strength & prescribe the suitable whitening treatment for you.

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Community