Temporary crown feels pressurized and tooth is throbbing

I got a temporary crown because my molar was found to be cracked when my old silver filling was removed.  NO root canal was indicated so a new filling and temporary crown put in immediately.  I developed mouth sores on the inside of  my cheek, gums near the tooth and by the lips which was treated with acyclovir.  Its been over a week and now resolving.  Now I feel like the treated tooth is tight and pressurized.  It also throbs which I have been treating with Ibruprofen.  Is this a normal sensation from the temporary crown?  Or is there pressure due to swelling and inflammation from the sores and dental procedure from over a week agao?

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Community