Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Community
7.43k Members

Tongue "Ulcers"

I was wondering if anyone could offer any suggestions.  I have been having recurring tongue ulcers (very large, painful) which started two weeks after performing oral sex on a man.  STD/HIV screenings out to three months have all come back negative.  

I find it too coincidental that the ulcers started after this exposure, as I've never had them before in my life.  They start out as very small white dots on both sides of my tongue and gradually erupt into large sores with many swollen little red bumps on the edges and a grayish color in the center.  My doctor is chalking it up to stress.  What's odd is that they will disappear for a short while and then come back in the exact same two spots again and again.  

Is it possible I'm biting my tongue in my sleep all of a sudden and that's what is causing these?  Any other suggestions?  One thing that has helped is liquid motrin, which gets rid of the ulcers once they start.  Unfortunately, it hasn't prevented them from coming back.  Any advice would be much appreciated!
1 Responses
Hi.I am a kidney transplant patient..and now im worried.. Your message is going back a bit.. but hopefully you will see this.. im  really worried that this is some kind of cancer. cause my transplant coordinator said.. and this dental sugeon whom I have never seen before said to me on a visit "Take this mouth wash , "You have ulcers on your Tongue and if it doesnt go away in a week ill have to take a piece of it.. (Biopsy? Im sure.. im worried !
Have an Answer?
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.