Dental Health Community
I went to the dentist a week ago and he said i have a tooth infection on my right top tooth and days later i was in severe pain, gums swollen and tender, right side of my face was swollen and my right lymph node is swollen and hurting. is this the sign of a tooth abscess?
If the pain is in the same area then yes it would be the infection the doc mentioned.
Yes. An abscess and an infection is the same thing.  You will need either a root canal if the tooth is restorable or an extraction.
I had an abscess in my tooth and it has been extracted now it's infected and I am on antibiotics it is still bleeding after 48 hours now just wondering if I could get a bit of advice please