Dental Health Community

Tooth Abscess

I have a tooth Abscess and I went to a doctor who gave me some antibiotics but they made me really sick so I went to another doctor and they gave me
different antibiotics and I have been taking them for 3 days now but the swelling has not gone down. I am allergic to penicillin so whenever I get antibiotics they give me special antibiotics.I am just wondering if this is normal not to see the swelling go down yet. I did read the subscription and have been following the doses it said it would take about 3 or 4 days for the antibiotics to take affect. Is that why it has not gone down yet as well it is still really painfull.
It does take antibiotics a few days to work.  With allergies, it's finding the right antibiotic.
Hopefully, that is what you are taking.

Give them some more time to work.  In the meantime, rinse your mouth with warm salt water (1/4tsp in 8oz warm water).  This can really help to soothe the pain and help with swelling.
Keeping your head slightly elevated at night can also help.  

Hope this helps.  Do let us know how you are doing.
My best to you,
Gellia
I had the same problem 4 years ago.  My face swoll so bad I looked like elephant girl.  I was crying for 2 days.  Being the internet researcher I am, I found info that vitamin c helps antibiotics.  Took it,  my face went down the next day.  After five days of antibiotics alone.  Hope this helps. Lillibird