Dental Health Community

Tooth Decay HELP

I'm 19 years old, and I have tooth decay on two of my teeth, however one is more noticeable than the other.

Here is a picture of it- http://www.flickr.com/photos/120982632@N04/13301817133/

I am reposting this question with a new picture after I brushed my teeth and now both teeth seem to have decay, I am far more concerned with the one on the right, but still about the one on the left. Also, there has been very very minor decay on one of my front teeth for years.

My question is, what will the dentist have to do to help it? Will he be forced to pull it, or can he cap it?

My final question is, how can I treat this from getting worse?
I'm currently waiting on the dentist to return my phone call trying to set an appointment, I'm not sure when I will be able to see the dentist but it should only be a couple weeks at most, if I stop drinking soda, and only drink water will this help? I brush twice a day, I do not floss or use mouth rinse so I'm unsure of how this got so severe, that tooth has had minor decay for years but only the past week has it gotten worse. My mother told me that her and my grandmother have some disease that causes their teeth to rot, I'm not sure if this is affecting me or not.

However I am very concerned about this. I'm sorry for the lengthy question, but if someone could guide me in the right direction in terms of how to help this and what to expect from the dentist, I would very much appreciate it.
A dental examination is necessary for correct diagnosis and management of your condition. Tooth decay if left untreated can result in tooth abscess. Prompt treatment can save the tooth and a root canal may be recommended in an attempt to save the tooth. Untreated abscesses may get worse and can lead to life-threatening complications. You may need antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs if there is pain associated with it. Amoxicillin is drug of choice.Metrogyl can be used as an alternative drug. Discuss your concerns with your dentist. Do write to me again.
Best luck and regards!