Dental Health Forum

Tooth abscess and ear pressure?

I was diagnosed with a dental abscess about two weeks ago.  It was treated with antibiotics and a root canal.  However 4 days after I was diagnosed with the abscess (prior to the RC) I began experiencing some strange sensations.  I felt pressure (and kind of a warm feeling)in both my ears.  This was later coupled with pressure in my nose b/w my eyes.  This ear/nose pressure has been going on for two weeks now.  It occurs just about every day each episode lasting an average of 15 minutes and then subsiding.  When I had the root canal done I had another X-ray done which revealed that the abscess was still there despite a week of antibiotics.  Could these pressure sensations be related to the abscess in anyway?   Any help would be greatly appreciated...I am at my wits end.
I do not think the pressure sensations are related to the abscessed tooth and I also would not anticipate that the infection would be cleared up in that short a period of time.I would suggest that if the ear problem persists you see your MD.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.