Dental Health Community

Tooth abscess

Been having teeth infection issues for a year and a half.  Feeling very unwell, sometimes unable to get out of bed, pain on left side of face and head.  Had x rays, cat scan, MRI, blood work.  All normal except for slight thickness on left side.  Nobody can find infection, and yet I respond to antibiotics to the point I am able to function, ei. Get out of bed, shower, go for a walk.  I am currently taking ibuprophen for pain.  Outside of this, I was a very healthy, active person.  Is it possible that abscessed teeth would not show up on a dental x ray?  Everything else has been ruled out.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Your descriptions don't suggest presence of infection, seeing an MD to rule out fibromyalgia, lupus erythematosus, and other systemic diseases is advised.
Thank you for your comments,  it have been to á neurologist, ENT specialist,, oral surgeon, family doctor.  I have had a CT scan, MRI, X rays, extensive blood work to check for autoimmune diseases, systemic  infectionr, etc.  All normal.  Been having teeth issues for over a year, 2 extractions, 3 root canals, so even though it has not been diagnosed, I believe there is another tooth infection that has spread.  Why isn't it showing up on an X ray?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Some antibiotics have analgesic effect. Therefore, if you feel better after taking antibiotics, it does not mean you have infection responsible for your symptoms. If you do have chronic infection in your mouth, clinical and radiographic exam can confirm. If your extensive dental treatment were rendered for left side facial pain and pain was not relieved, you may have a condition known as atypical odontalgia. Seeing an Orofacial pain specialist is advised.