Dental Health Forum

Tooth broken off at base...

I was scheduled for extraction of #13 molar. I was sent on a business trip to Germany when the tooth broke off in the middle of the night. I would rather wait until I get back to the US to have it treated, but I am not sure if that is reasonable. I would need to make through 4 more days.

The tooth had a root canal and a very large filling with posts. The tooth had been decaying under the surface. During the night, the large filling and posts (all connected) came out. I am not in pain, but I am not sure what to do about the hole in my mouth.

Help?
There's not much you can do besides keeping it clean.  If you're not in pain, waiting a few more days should be fine.  It could potentially abscess and get an infection at any time though but you could monitor the situation.  Otherwise, you would need to find a german dentist to remove the tooth
This one is easy relax, I think in Germany they have socialized medicine. The tooth has had a root canal so its not going to cause you any pain. You can get from a drug store a temporary filling kit and try to make a ball place it in the opening and bite down on the material. Make sure you dry the area well before trying to place the temp filling. good luck
yes u can go to a drug store and get some treatment.
sugar land dentist
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.