Dental Health Community

Tooth pain after root canal and temp veneer

Recently I have had issues with one of my front teeth. Background info is that I broke off part of it during high school and had it capped. A month ago it developed an infection and an abscess. The infection was treated with antI biotics but before I could receive root canal treatment the previous cap broke off. A few days ago I had the root canal treatment and the dentist fitted a temporary veneer before a new cap that will be fitted in two weeks.

Two days after the veneer was fitted it became loose. It holds in place if I eat but I still need to be careful. There is also some pain in the tooth, and the neighbouring one a little where the veneer might be rubbing/pushing it. I can live with it until my next appointment, but is the pain normal for something like a root canal treatment and will it subside?