Dental Health Community

Underside of Tongue Keeps Getting Caught After Recent Cleaning

I've been looking all over for any answers on this and I can't seem to find anyone with information so I'm asking here as it looks like there is some good communication and response here.

I recently went to the dentist for the first time in many years and I had my teeth cleaned with a sonic scaler, first time I've ever had this done. Ever since I had this done the "strings" and "tendon" under my tongue keep getting caught. I spoke to the dentist about this when I saw her last and she said I would learn to not move my tongue in a way that it would keep happening, but now I've just developed a complex about it. At first it was only the connector tendon that would get snagged, and I mean badly stuck to the point of tearing. So I became very aware and careful when ever I stuck my tongue out of my mouth to say lick my upper teeth. Now recently I've been getting the little dangley pieces caught and tonight I actually tore a piece of one off while I was gargling!
I just don't know what to do, I really feel the hygienist shaved down the tooth in that area and caused a wider gap, because even before I never had this problem in my life and I have no idea what to do now.
Any advise is appreciated, thank you for your time.

-Jen
Hyigenist just clean they dont shave teeth. Smooth Calculus and buildup prob removed with remaining sharp teeth structure. Have your dentist adjust it since it cuts the bottom of ur tongue. Try to break the habit of getting them caught along whereever theyre getting caught. Have dentist remove the excess tissue on ur tongue.