Dental Health Community

Weird spot on gum

I went to the dentist after a long time of not being to one. The lady that cleaned my teeth said it seems like you have some damage to your gum right here. But that was as far as she took it and went on to cleaning my teeth. The next time I went to the dentist about a week later I brought it up to another assistant. She said she would mention it to the doctor. The doctor gave me a fill in and that was it. I'm pregnant so it might just be my gums right now. But I'm worried it could be something I should be concerned about like oral cancer. Why would they not test this weird spot?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Your descriptions are not suggestive of cancer. If your dentist can not diagnose your lesion, seeing an oral pathologist is advised.