Dental Health Community

What is lump in jaw? Will cipro help?

I have a pea-sized hard lump in my jaw right under the area that I have a broken molar where a crown once was. The remaining tooth is brownish/black. Any thoughts when the lump might be? Would Cipro help if I have a full course available? Is is really freaking me out and  I won't be able to go to the Dentist for at least 8 days...
it sounds like it may be an abscess not sure what cipro is but if so long for dentist see if your doctor may see you and give you anti-biotic s as they have different types of meds for different body conditions,
if the swelling gets bad or hurts your dentist must offer an appointment within i think 48 hrs
good luck