Dental Health Forum

When is it safe to smoke after having a dry socket?

So, Today is Wednesday May 4th.. which is almost two weeks since I have gotten my wisdom teeth out (Got them out two Thursdays ago Apr. 21) I developed a dry socket somewhere between one and three days afterwards.. Waited until the next Friday Apr. 29 (8 days later) until I started getting the packing and the dentist told me it had started healing on its own and was now relatively "small" and would only take a few days to heal and maybe one or two packings so I got the second packing done on the following Monday May 2 (2 days ago) and I believe it is still in there (not sure if its dissolvable or not).. .. How do I know when it is healed (either by look or feeling)?  When is it safe to smoke? Is there a chance that I might get another dry socket after this socket is healed if I do smoke? I have not smoked this entire time so that was not a factor in the first one..
Very confused!
Smoking is a high risk activity during the healing process that can result in dry socket.  You should probably be okay to smoke but of course, I would recommend taking advantage of your smoking break to try to stop smoking entirely.  
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.