White spots in throat after Wisdom teeth extraction

My son who is 16 years old had all four wisdom teeth extracted five days ago. He experienced very little pain the first two days and then has experienced increasing levels of pain since, but not extreme pain. The swelling has not gone down and may be worse. He complains more of pain in his throat more than the sockets. He complains of pain on the left side and upon examination he has several white spots on his right side and possible one on the left but I think it may also be a stich. He is not running a fever and has been taking all his meds, including antibiotics. Strep throat comes to mind first, anything else possible here?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
More likely the pain in his throat is from the trauma of the extractions. I doubt he has strep. Again I think this is all related to the surgery.