Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Community
7.48k Members

Who is best first line to dx buccal annomalie? Gp or dentist

I have an issue with my  mouth and tong . Over a month ago I started to have mild throat ache no temperature or sign of infection or inflammation at the time. 4 weeks ago I saw my dental hygienist she did all the checks she is thorough she checked my tong and did not see anything because it was not constant pain more  discomfort I did not mentioned it. Then the dentist came and did his own exam and all was good.
Now for a week I have more light pain there,  when I swallow, I have to say here that at a time I swallowed a fist full of health supplement that got stuck in my throat and these were large elongated pills a foolish thing to do. It caused fear and pain
This morning I look there and saw an area of almost 4 cm. on the cheek side that stretch to tong side with if I don't go to ER (this is not ER stuff) something like a bruise and redness at the base of my tong. I know that I need to see someone. I can go and see a GP it might take a while  but can end up saying it's just a  sore throat and retard real diagnostic or my dentists who is up to date on all oral techniques
Question : Who is the best to diagnosed oral cancer or else, a GP or a oral surgeon ? Please I need an answer as fast as possible
1 Responses
COMMUNITY LEADER
Oral surgeon
Have an Answer?
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.