Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Community
7.46k Members

Wisdom Tooth Extraction

I need to have my two bottom wisdom teeth out.  I have EXTREME fear of the dentist.  I have not been to the dentist in 12 years (I am 26) because my last dentist used to scrape plaque off of my teeth and then make me eat it on saltine crackers.  He would drill my teeth without novacaine "to teach me a lesson"  because I used to complain about how my teeth hurt when he drilled.  My parent never belived me when I said this stuff and my dentist would always talk to my father and tell him about how bad of a patient I was.  So anyway after moving out I have never been to the dentist again because they give me horrible anxiety (I have Anxiety Disorder) but I finally needed to go because my wisdom teeth are impacted, so I went and they gave me a sedative something called Triazolam (Halcion) two pills to take hour before procedure each pill was 0.25 mg These did NOTHING, I was a nervous wreck, I was told I would be stumbling, forgetful and need a ride home.  I was fine ad very, very anxious.  So after the dentist realized that the "sedative" did not work AT ALL he made an appointment with an oral surgeon for me.

The oral surgeon is going to use Ativan (Lorazepam) in conjunction with nitrous oxide.  My question is WILL THIS WORK??

Has anyone had this happen to them?  I am so freaked out and worried that this new drug and "laughing gas" is not going to help me at all.

Thank you very much,

Geos
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.