Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Community
7.43k Members

Wisdom teeth still growing, I am 33 years old

I just turned 33 years of age. White male of European Slavic decent, no health problems, normal height 6 feet and 200 pounds. Thing is, I still have wisdom teeth coming out. Back there some are still fully under the skin but slowly growing in size, others are half way out. Some I feel will start growing soon, they are still very small bumps under the skin. There is no pain or discomfort. Teeth are normal and still coming out on the top left and right and bottom left and right of the jaw, just wisdom teeth.
Overall I am simply concerned because I am 8 years over the development of teeth. The only reason I found over the internet that may delay dental development is a down syndrome, I am totally not that. Thus, the conundrum.
2 Responses
It's unusual for wisdom teeth to come in at your age, but it can happen. You may want to see your dentist to find out if it's alright to just let them come in or not.
What world of absolutes are there? Im 44 and have a wisdom that grew (painfully) up and thru skin and just recently broke thru and is just a wobbly small burden.  Im not a scientist but there is a lot of variety, not just gene abnormalities. I remember this one guy (normal intelligence) with two sets of teeth who could eat glass
Have an Answer?
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.