Wisdom tooth question

Can a wisdom tooth be filled, or is it better to have it removed?  I have a upper wisdom tooth that has a cavity in it, its not caused any problem, not crowded either.  Can a wisdom tooth be filled, my lower one is.  Thanks, Jen
COMMUNITY LEADER
Certainly wisdom teeth can be restored. Generally, removal of wisdom teeth yields better outcome.
Be absolutely certain you've gleaned all the information and knowledge available ( and there's a ton out there ) about complications that can arise from wisdom teeth extractions. Alas, I did not investigate fully ( accepting only my oral surgeons view ) and am paying the price for that neglect. There ARE other options. Interestingly enough there's even a segment of dental medicine that advocates NO wisdom teeth extractions except under the most extreme circumstances. Please...BE INFORMED.
                                                                                                    Jim

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Community