Dental Health Forum

abscess for 8 years!

Hi I'm 20, and since I was 12 I noticed a pimple-ish thing over my front tooth and sometimes it would be bulgy and if i push on it the pus would come out. Sometimes it is full for several days and I push it and drain it and sometimes it's empty for months or even up to a year. And I didn't really know what it was and it never bothered me so I left it alone. My parents never really took me to the dentist very often and they never really mentioned it as a problem. The location of the abscess is right over my upper front tooth. This tooth has been previously broken when I was in second grade and had a filling. I just found out today what it actually is and the descriptions online terrifies me! But I never had any symptoms of pain or any other symptoms except the sight that it is there. Am I gonna have to get the tooth pulled out?!!? Or root canal?!!??! or something worse?!??! I'm currently a college student and does not have dental insurance. what do i do? help i'm freaking out.
It sounds like you'll need to get a dentist to evaluate that front tooth and get it checked out.  The tooth may have died after the injury and now its infected.  A root canal is most likely to save the tooth.  But you'll need to evaluate to see if the abscess has spread.  
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.