Dental Health Forum

abscess in baby tooth extraction still infected

I am a healthy 37 year old woman with 4 baby teeth one which due to a crack 20 years ago needed a pin then filling.  Recently enamal wore down causing the pin to surface then a crack appeared which caused me to attend emergency the physician prescribed amoxi 850 for 10 days @ 12 hour intervals. The following day I visited a near by dentist who extracted this tooth (swelling was up to my left eye and I was having problems breathing) dentist showed me the scan-nearby teeth were not infected however...I had an LVI princess crown on my tooth behind the extracted tooth which was pulled off during my extraction. Dentist put my crown back on then said due to the abscess the tooth should drain.  My question is twofold after 2 weeks i(btw the 'clot' is in place over the hole') should my lips and jaw be swollen and should my LVI crown be missisfitting? LVI uses light to bond crowns - this dentist used a glue to re-bond my crown I am concerned that I may have an infection with the glue they used.  I appreciate any input you may have thank you  
I'm not sure what kind of glue he used but generally with full porcelain crowns, we do use a bond/cement with a curing light.  There are cements out there which a light isn't necessary since it is a DUAL cure cement, meaning it can be cured by light or just left alone since it'll cure itself.

As for the swelling, did you take a course of antibiotics?  It sounds pretty severe initially so it may take some more time for the healing process to finish.  As long as there's gradual improvement, I would monitor the situation.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.