Dental Health Forum

abscess in gum area where tooth was pulled

I had a piece of tooth that was left in my gum from when I lost the tooth n didn't know until the dentist showed me on x-ray . he pulled the rest of it out and I knew I would be in some pain due to it, but its been over a week and a half and I am still having pain in the gum area of where it was pulled.. he gave me ibeprofen 8oo mg for the pain but its not working to much.. I still wake up in the middle of the night in pain.. I do the salt water rinse but nothing.. what else can i do?
Any other symptoms?  Swelling?  Bad taste?  Problems opening your mouth?  You may want to ask for a strong prescription to use at night.  Also, are you on any antibiotics?
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.