Dental Health Community

abscess on my tooth

i have had an absecss on my tooth for over a week, been on antibiotics and still its there, i now have massive pain and swelling ans still on antibiotics, its making me feel ill, is thre something else that can get rid of this
you might need a stronger antibiotic. after a week it should be feeling better. call your dentist asap!
i too had an abscess,my tooth had to be extracted(it was the tooth that already had root canal treatment,i had cracked it) and was on 3 different antibiotics.it took me just over 2weeks to heal.maybe u should go back to dentist as you might need xrays taken incase you have a cavity and the infection has gone down to the root of your tooth
yeah i had  root canal tratment done to it and i have had this problem since, the temporay filling has fallen out and i think this has caused bacteria to form, i cant feel my jaw but do feel extream pain, i think it is all over my nerves, saw dentist and he told me to keep taking antibiotics, i have stared 4 days ago a new strong one but no effect yet.
has the dentist finished the root canal treatment?cause if he had there'd be a permanent filling.did he clean it and put another temp filling?cause he should treat u and not cover it up with antibiotics.
i had the infection that went down into my jaw and side of my neck,tell ya what its the most painful thing.good luck with everything