Dental Health Community

abscess

Hi, so my cheek is huge right now and hard as a rock. My doctor gave me penicillin and something for pain but its day 3 and nothing has changed. I can feel the abscess in my mouth for the first time today. It's not getting smaller, only larger! I am 29 and on coumadin and lovenox so no dentist will see me. I've called dozens of dentists to no avail. I am trying not to become frustrated but each passing day I'm stuck in bed isn't helping. Any suggestions
?
Go back to your doctor.  Antibiotics normally take about three days before they start working.  You may need a different one for the infection you have but that you can feel a change may be a sign that they are working.  Let your doctor decide that.  

You can also rinse with warm salt water to help localize the infection.  Use 1/4tsp in a glass of 8oz warm water.  

Please do go back and see your PCP.  He can reevaluate the abscess.

GOOD LUCK and do let us know how you are.
My very best to you,
Gellia
I have an abcess that moved from my gum to my jaw..?? I'm freaking out and scared something gonna happened to me..I have Bactrim antibodics,am I gonna be okay?????