Dental Health Forum

abscess

I have a large swollen/painful abscess in my lower right facial cheek area.  i have received antitbiotics for the infection.  Do i need to have it drained?  If so what type of Doctor/Dentist do you recommend?

Thanks-
It depends on what is the source of the infection.  Since you have antibiotics, I'm assuming you saw some kind of doctor for it.  What did they say?
AOA dr . i have abscessed tooth from month , but now my cheek swell up i m having DANZEN , FOTIFLOX ,PREVENT but swelling is not coming down what to do ? THAT sweling came down i have paper tomorrow what to do ?
Sorry.  I don't understand what symptoms you are experiencing.  You should go see a dentist or an emergency room/clinic
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.