Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
635268 tn?1222719503

bubble on my gum

Thank you for the opportunity to blog.  My upper tooth on the side fell out because of my failure to finish my root canal.  The tooth had turned black and when i ate something hard once it just fell out like that.  A couple of months later I think i formed an abscess because i had some swelling above the missing tooth and I started pressing on it and it hurt.. Next for some odd reason i decided to stick the tip of my tounge where my tooth is missing and I felt the worst pain in the world.  The pain shot up from my mouth to my head, my eyes started to tear and my entire body went numb. I wanted to just die that is how bad the pain is.  I am currently on antibiotics amoxicallin and have an appointment in 4 days.  WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO HAPPEN?
1 Responses
540545 tn?1377626518
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
It sounds like the tooth fractured due to decay.  But although you state that the tooth fell out, I believe that the top of the tooth that you can see broke off but the roots of the teeth are still in your jaw bone, causing you pain and problems.  Most likely, the dentist will have to remove your tooth to get rid of the infection.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.