Dental Health Forum

bump/lump in gum

I have a bump/lump in my gums above the upper teeth, it is a little sore, what can I do
Lumps and bumps are hard to diagnose and figure out.  You should definitely see a dentist to find out what's causing it.  Until then, try to keep the area clean and monitor it for changes but it can be anything from an infection, cold sore, canker sore, tumor, etc.  
Hi, lump in the gums above and adjacent to the teeth most commonly can be tooth abscess or fistula opening due to infected tooth. You may just check out any frank cavity or food imapaction area in related teeth to the swelling. In such case you may need antibiotics and root canal treatment of the affected tooth with the help of a dentist. Other possibilties could be pyogenic granuloma, fibroma,  periodontal abscess etc. Check out with local dentist to confirm.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.