Dental Health Community

can tooth abscess cause a lymph node

can tooth abscess cause a lymph node to rise i had it removed and the dentist said that there was an infection inside the tooth under the crown  ( he said the tooth was split via xray )  but as he took the tooth out he said it had infection of it and gave me antibiotics
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes, once dental infection is eliminated, regional lymphadenopathy tends to resolve without consequence.
A tooth on the right side was taken out but the lymph node on the left is that common ?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Uncommon, going back to your dentist to have a post op exam is advised.
The lymph node was there before the extraction but I thought that since the infection would cause the lymph node to rise.