A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Community
7.45k Members
20847907 tn?1534543344

can tooth abscess cause a lymph node

can tooth abscess cause a lymph node to rise i had it removed and the dentist said that there was an infection inside the tooth under the crown  ( he said the tooth was split via xray )  but as he took the tooth out he said it had infection of it and gave me antibiotics
2 Responses
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes, once dental infection is eliminated, regional lymphadenopathy tends to resolve without consequence.
1 Comments
A tooth on the right side was taken out but the lymph node on the left is that common ?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Uncommon, going back to your dentist to have a post op exam is advised.
1 Comments
The lymph node was there before the extraction but I thought that since the infection would cause the lymph node to rise.
Have an Answer?
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.