Dental Health Community

chronic abscess

Hi I was with the doctor 3 days ago because I have a small swelling just on my face just below my lip, once a white pus discharge came from it. The doctor told me that I have a chronic abscess and gave me Germentin for 7 days and also told me to go to the dentist. I went to the dentist and he extracted the tooth but there doesn't seem to be any improvement on my face. can you tell me, will that swelling go away because it doesn't look very nice and how long does it take for the antibiotic to work or is there even a creamor ointment i can get to try improve it. Any advice you can give me would be very much appreciated..thank you, Caroline :)

This discussion is related to tooth abscess and swollen cheek.
An abcessed tooth would not drain out of your face...is this what you're saying happened?  Or did it drain from the gum inside?