coated tonue and upper lip numbness

Following extraction of an upper molar and wisdom tooth, I have suffered from miserable coated tongue, a sensation of dryness, and loss some of sensation in my upper lip. Could this be the result of any nerve damage from the extractions?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Potential damage to the salivary gland during the extraction but highly unlikely as well.  Its not that close to the area.

How long as the dry mouth been and how severe is it?  Can you eat a dry cracker without water?
Helpful - 0
What is the "issue" that could exist with the salivary gland as a result of a wisdom tooth extraction-I had mine out 8 weeks ago and have severe dry mouth.

Tricia
Helpful - 0
Highly unlikely from the extraction to get loss of sensation to the upper lip.

The dry mouth and sensation could be an issue with the salivary gland which is on the cheek near the teeth in question.  Or you may have a fungal infection (perhaps a side effect of antibiotics if you are taking them).  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Forum

If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.