Dental Health Community

cold sores

The right side of my bottom lip is always sore sometimes it blister up and forms a cold sore, i work outside so im always in wind and sun, abreva zovarik valtrex all use to work but not very much anymore, the sore use to heal in 7 days now it takes 14. I was wondering if laser surgery could help me any, and if it could when should i see a doctor when i feel it coming or when my lip is sore any suggestions please

This discussion is related to Cold sore or Canker Sore?.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Herpes simplex virus reside in ganglion for life once infected. There is no known way to eliminate the virus from the body. However, a complete couse of antiviral therapy,e.g. acyclovir, for10-14 days, may prevent recurrence of reactivation of virus for a couple of years.