Dental Health Community

dangerous abscess?

i am experiencing moderate to severe jaw bone pain.  i have a deteriorating wisdom tooth that has been untreated.  my jaw has locked twice before and i had mastoiditis, all within the last 4 months.  now, however, there is a gap that can be clearly felt along my lower right jaw bone that is very painful and sensitive to the touch.  my lymph glands are also touchy on that side only.  the wisdom tooth is raised and swollen, but i have no fever, chills, or nausea.  could the wisdom tooth have caused a break in my jaw bone, or eaten away at the jaw bone itself and how much immediate danger could be involved in this condition?  i am aware that i need to seek treatment from an oral surgeon, but cannot afford to do so at this time.  i am unsure, though, if this is something i need immediate medical attention for, such as that from my local emergency room.  thank you for any help you can offer
I feel you definitely need to seek help.  It sounds like you do have an infection that is spreading.  Call a few oral surgeons and explain what is happening and ask if you can make payments.  If you don't find any (I think you will) then go to the ER, something isn't right with all of this.