Dental Health Community

dental abcess

What exactly is a dental abcess? I don't have a boil or pimple in my mouth
In a dental abscess, or tooth abscess there is accumulation of pus inside the teeth or gums. The abscess usually originates from a bacterial infection and is mostly caused by a dental infection. The common presenting complaints are severe toothache, breath odour, fever, pain when chewing, sensitivity to hot or cold, swelling of gums, swollen glands etc. It can be diagnosed with the help of clinical examination, dental x-rays and other tests. Antibiotics are given for the infection. Warm salt-water rinses and over-the-counter pain relievers may relieve the toothache and fever. A root canal may be recommended in an attempt to save the tooth. In severe infection extraction may be necessary. Keep me posted with more queries.
Best luck and regards!
Well I went to the dentist and he didn't tell me it was an abcess. But he did prescribe me amoxicillin but I told him I was allergic to penicillin so he gave me clyndimyacin. I took it for 2 days and turns out I'm allergic to it too. So now I'm on peridex mouth wash. Will it help me? My tooth doesn't get pulled for another 3 weeks