Dental Health Forum

dental abscess

I have a liquid filled abscess right between my molars and cheek on the top left side of my mouth. It feels like a water balloon. It stretches over 2 or 3 of my molars. I have absolutely no pain in my teeth at all. But the swelling hurts. I have been taking amoxicillan 500mg 3 times a day for the last 2 days (course lasts for 7 days). The swelling has not gone down at all. I want to know if I could pop the abscess to drain the abscess? If yes how can I do it at home?
I wouldn't recommend doing that on your own.  It would be best for you to see your dentist and have them do an incision and drainage on the area.  The abscess you are describing sounds very large and you should see a dentist immediately.  The swelling may continue to spread and it may go to other parts of your head and face so its best to manage it ASAP before there are more complications.  The antibiotics may keep the infection in check but there is definitely an underlying problem that the antibiotics cannot fix.  

A related discussion, Upper front tooth abscess was started.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.