Dental Health Forum

dental health

I had my lower back molar removed a week ago and my lip is still numb from the injections. I also have swelling in my jaw from the injection site and dont know why, my dentist is just giving me anti inflamatory pills and they dont seem to help what should i do?
If its continuing to swell, there may be an infection.  You should get it evaluated by your dentist to rule that possibility out.  Also, how long did it take to swell up?  Did it take a few hours or a few days?  

The numbness will need to be re-evaluated too.  Was it a wisdom tooth you got removed?  There's a risk of nerve injury from the extraction or from the injection itself?  It needs to be monitored and observed.  The nerve injury could become permanent but it will take up to 6 months to heal.  If at 6 months it doesn't heal, it is most likely permanent.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.