Dental Health Forum

dental infection

I have two failed implants due to infection which did not respond to Clindamycin. I also got a bad reaction to Clindamycin a feeling of big lump in throat, sore throat and severe heartburn. In spite of the fact that I drank at least 10ounces of water with each pill.
My question is since I'm allergic to penicillin.  What antibiotic is effective for teeth and gum infections????
Thank you.
You can use Biaxin500mg. or Zithromax, but these antibiotics to not have the efficacy in the mouth as do penicillin or clindamycin.
Thank you so much for your response. May I also ask what length of time would I take the Biaxin?  And is there any home treatment, Like garlic pills etc. that would help augment healing? ( since Biaxin is not considered the best treatment.) Although I'm stuck with that. And frankly, I was on the Clindamycin for weeks and that didn't get rid of the infection, so maybe a broad spectrum antibiotic will work for me.  I sure hope so.  thank you again for your advice.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.